1. Organize an emergency protest against Israel's attack on the
humanitarian flotilla. Find events near you and post your event
details by clicking here.
2. Contact President Obama at 202-456-1111 or send him an email by clicking here. Ask him to:
* Condemn Israel's attack against the Gaza Freedom Flotilla and support an international investigation of it.
* Find Israel in violation of the Arms Export Control Act and immediately end all military aid to Israel.
* Pressure Israel to end its illegal blockade of the occupied Palestinian Gaza Strip.
* End U.S. support for Israel's illegal 43-year occupation of the Palestinian West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Gaza Strip.
3. Request an emergency meeting with your Members of Congress during this week's Memorial Day recess. Many Members of Congress are in their home districts this week to meet with constituents. You can also send them a message by clicking here.
To download a template letter you can give to your Member of Congress asking him/her to have the State Department investigate whether Israel violated the Arms Export Control Act by attacking the Gaza Freedom Flotilla, please click here: http://www.endtheoccupation.org/downloads/gazafreedomflotilla_dearcolleageletter.doc
4. Get the story out to the media. Use our talking points below, and for tips on how to engage in media activism, please click here.
* The Gaza Freedom
Flotilla boats were attacked by the Israeli military in international waters, a
clear violation of international law. The Israeli military killed civilians in
international water, arguably a war crime.
* So far there has
been a complete media blackout of the flotilla members. Why arenít we hearing
from those who have been attacked? Why arenít media outlets making a bigger
* The ships were boarded by an elite commando unit of the Israeli military, armed with heavy automatic weapons.
* The Gaza Freedom Flotilla was attempting to break
* This act of piracy in
international waters, which has reportedly resulted in the deaths of as many as
19 activists, the wounding of 50-80, and the abduction of the Freedom Flotilla
ships, is aided and abetted by U.S. military aid to Israel. In July 2008,